And… what we heard for all but eight months of the Bush presidency was “He failed to get bin Laden.”
I’ll also wager you this… better than 40% of Americans believe that the hit on OBL was originated, planned and carried out by Barry Otero.
And… we’ve had an intel/mil “bin Laden team” for a decade and he was on our terror intel radar through the Bubba administration which did nothing while Americans were being killed right and left, including the first attack on the WTC. I mean, how many 6-foot-5, multi-millionaire Muslim porn addicts can avoid being noticed?
Considering its astronomical budget and zero record thwarting terrorists, while fondling your wife and children, what has the “Department of Homeland Security” and its TSA actually accomplished?
The answer is “nothing“… except for lining the pockets of powerful politicians’ friends in “favored congressional districts around the United States, most of which face no statistically significant security threat at all.” Read on, from Anne Applebaum in Foreign Policy:
- $436,504 was awarded the Blackfeet Nation of Montana “to help strengthen the nation against risks associated with potential terrorist attacks”;
- $1,000,000 went the village of Poynette, Wisconsin (pop. 2,266) for an “emergency operations center”;
- $67,000 worth of surveillance equipment purchased by Marin County, California, was found, still in its original packaging, four years later.
“And…. every U.S. state, no matter how landlocked or underpopulated, receives, by law, a fixed percentage of homeland security spending every year.”
DHS continues to do a land office business as cities, counties and states suck in billions of “Obama stash money” of which 40% is borrowed and is therefore part of the debt that will eventually crush us.
“But GA, no matter what it costs, we have to protect America.”
- Terrorists have been stopped since 2001 and plots prevented, but always by other means
- TSA screeners consistently fail to spot fake “test bombs” and bomb parts. At LAX targeted by the New Year’s 2000 “millennium plot”, screeners failed some 75 percent of these tests
- Napolitano claimed the “the system worked” when the Nigerian “underwear bomber” was foiled; wrong… a passenger stopped the bomber, not the feds.
- Shoe Bomber Richard Reid, was undone by a stewardess who smelled smoke
- The 2006 Heathrow Airport plot was uncovered by an intelligence tip.
- Al Qaeda’s recent attempt to explode cargo planes was caught by a human intelligence source, not an X-ray machine.
Despite all this, the TSA responds to these events by placing restrictions on shoes, shampoo and SPF, and now perhaps printer cartridges.
In exchange for accomplishing absolutely nothing in terms of security, TSA makes air travel a nightmare for all Americans who, having reached their limit, choose to avoid.
Maybe not; at $4/gal Obama gas, perhaps we should just keep our asses home. Less travel, less airline revenue, less airline revenue, less tourism, less retail, restaurant and hotel income, fewer jobs; fewer jobs ,more unemployment benefits ….. and so on and so on. Read more here.
Yet people continue to support the democrat party; I hope they all go bankrupt, lose their homes and spend their dipwad kids’ college fund.
GA, you toss the term “domestic enemies” around pretty casually, aren’t most Americans patriotic and love their country?
(The Hill via Weasel Zippers) — After more than a week of deliberation, the House overwhelmingly approved a measure honoring the intelligence community for the mission that killed Osama bin Laden.
The vote wasn’t unanimous, however. Four liberal Democrats — Reps. Dennis Kucinich (Ohio), Barbara Lee (Calif.), Pete Stark (Calif.) and Lynn Woolsey (Calif.) — voted “present” on the measure, which was offered as an amendment to an intelligence authorization bill.
But don’t get me wrong… voting in favor of a no-brainer commendation for the elite SEALs hardly makes you a patriot… in fact, it’s good political cover (see: Kerry, J., Murtha, J. Obama, B.H., Obama, M. Kennedy, T., and Blah, A.)