First, the attack on the US “consulate” in Libya on September 11 was not carried out by a “mob” or “rioters” or “demonstrators protesting an “anti-Muslim film” they’d never seen; nor I’ll venture, had anyone else of rank in the entire Obama administration.
The lie was formatting about everyone in the Administration began to make statements, speeches and issue press releases not condemning the animals who attacked the US facility, but to beg for forgiveness from the murderers and put the blame on an amateur 14-minute video.
Secondly, Obama, Sec. State Hillary Clinton and especially US Ambassador Susan Rice, lied from the start and tried desperately to convince and confuse the country as to how Ambassador Chris Stevens, his two security-contractors, Tyronne Woods and Glen Doherty–both former SEALs–and diplomatic staffer Sean Smith died.
After a week or so they all lamely flip-flopped 180-degrees and called the attack exactly what it was in its genesis, a very well-planned, well-armed, coordinated military assault with heavy weapons including machines-guns, RPGs, mortars teams and satchel charges.
The first of two assaults came under fire from rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), then “very accurate” mortars, automatic weapons and finally an estimated 50 well-armed men using military tactics attacked. On- scene estimates of the force were about 400 fighters, but no doubt there were many curious bystanders and useful idiots.
We typically think of the ambassador and the “embassy” are near synonymous, which of course is not the case. Such was the such was were the movements of the Stevens group in the night of the 11th anniversary of the suicide attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001.
The following was forwarded to me through back channels by someone I trust with the caveat that it is fourth-hand information; however despite the lack of sourcing and verification, I trust this narrative more than another ground out by the US government
Got some word from a Foreign Service friend of mine. Everything is still very confused and foggy, but he was able to give me a little better context. This is the full text I received:
1) The consulate in Libya was pretty ghetto. It was a converted one-floor motel building. The only reason the consulate was located there was because that was one of the only areas the rebels had under their control back when we first established relations with them. The diplomats got on the ground, looked around, and the motel was the first suitable building they could find to set up shop.
Bottom line though is that it was NOT very defensible. Apart from a few modifications, it was still largely a civilian structure. So use your imagination to infer what that implies.
Once the old regime was toppled, and the new embassy was established in the capital of Tripoli, it was expected that either the motel-consulate would be closed altogether, or a new building would be acquired or built, but no action had been taken yet (emphasis mine-GA) .
2) The attack on the Benghazi consulate was not a protest-gone-wrong. It likely had nothing to do with this supposed offensive movie either. It was a direct, planned, coordinated assault. It was a firefight that lasted for hours and hours. The attackers had heavy weapons, including heavy machineguns, RPGs, bombs, and possibly mortars. People don’t bring that stuff incidentally to a normal protest.
What likely happened was that there WAS a peaceful protest by some Salifists going on outside in connection with the video, but a number of attackers used the protest as cover to launch their assault. Which implies some element of manipulation by the attackers, stirring up the protest in the first place (translating the movie into Arabic?).
3) The normal Libyans are horrified. Chris Stevens was well liked, well respected, and the American presence relatively popular. Literally just a couple months ago, Ambassador Stevens announced that we would begin issuing US visas to Libyans again. The Libyans are genuinely grateful for the non-intrusive support for their revolution. When the attack commenced, the local Libyan security guards who were protecting the Consulate fought hard to defend it. Many (at least 20, possibly all of them) died at their posts, defending it (remember too how ghetto the defenses were). When Ambassador Steven’s vehicle was hit by an RPG, attempting to evacuate from the scene, it was normal Libyans who pulled him out, and who took him and the other casualties to other American workers located nearby, and accompanied him to the hospital. It is possible that the angry civilian presence at the scene drove the attackers off, preventing them from following up on their attack.
4) Chris Stevens is a fucking hero. He was present as part of a planned visit to cut the ribbon for the grand opening of a new American Center building, so the fact that he would be there at that time was publicly known. When the attack commenced, the personnel inside the Consulate went to their assigned places, but then the building was set on fire by the attackers. Ambassador Stevens apparently went into the burning building to rescue his people, and ensure the all got out to safety. It is likely that his death was contributed to by smoke inhalation as a result.
From the start the Obama-controlled news media insists that the video showing Stevens being dragged from the rubble the building (to my eye, clearly dead) by “friendly” Libyans crying “He’s alive” and “Thank God” does not reflect reality. Especially since he turned up at a hospital five hours later, DOA.
The questions are many and obvious:
- Why was there no CIA intel that could have prevented the murder of the first US ambassador in 30 years?
- Why did Sec. of State Clinton decide not to staff Benghazi with greater security? And why did Clinton prohibited Marines from providing security at any American diplomatic installation in Libya.
Fox News military analyst, Col. David Hunt said that the American mission at Benghazi “was like a cardboard building, there wasn’t even bullet proof glass.” In addition, Hunt said the security guards inside the mission didn’t have bullets:
Question: They weren’t allowed to have bullets, is that correct?
Colonel Hunt: That’s true. They were private security. The rules of engagement were ridiculous.
And why in God’s name on the anniversary of 9-11 was Stevens at the low security mission in Benghazi when it would obviously have been more prudent for him to have been at the presumably more secure embassy in Tripoli?
Stevens and his people didn’t stand a chance from the very beginning.
And the blood is on Obama’s hands:
What was the Commander-in-Chief doing on Sept 11th? Hman Events reports:
Barack Obama knew about the Benghazi Consulate terror attacks 90 minutes after they began on 9-11. The attack in Benghazi took place in two waves at the consulate and lasted several hours. Libyan “looters” found the body of Ambassador Chris Stevens hours after the attack began.
Obama went to bed without knowing the status of the US Ambassador.