Let’s some some things straight right off the bat.
First, the attack on the US “consulate” in Libya on September 11 was not carried out by a “mob” or “rioters” or “demonstrators protesting an “anti-Muslim film” they’d never seen; nor I’ll venture, had anyone else of rank in the entire Obama administration.
The lie was formatting about everyone in the Administration began to make statements, speeches and issue press releases not condemning the animals who attacked the US facility, but to beg for forgiveness from the murderers and put the blame on an amateur 14-minute video.
Secondly, Obama, Sec. State Hillary Clinton and especially US Ambassador Susan Rice, lied from the start and tried desperately to convince and confuse the country as to how Ambassador Chris Stevens, his two security-contractors, Tyronne Woods and Glen Doherty–both former SEALs–and diplomatic staffer Sean Smith died.
After a week or so they all lamely flip-flopped 180-degrees and called the attack exactly what it was in its genesis, a very well-planned, well-armed, coordinated military assault with heavy weapons including machines-guns, RPGs, mortars teams and satchel charges.
The first of two assaults came under fire from rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), then “very accurate” mortars, automatic weapons and finally an estimated 50 well-armed men using military tactics attacked. On- scene estimates of the force were about 400 fighters, but no doubt there were many curious bystanders and useful idiots.
We typically think of the ambassador and the “embassy” are near synonymous, which of course is not the case. Such was the such was were the movements of the Stevens group in the night of the 11th anniversary of the suicide attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001.
The following was forwarded to me through back channels by someone I trust with the caveat that it is fourth-hand information; however despite the lack of sourcing and verification, I trust this narrative more than another ground out by the US government
Got some word from a Foreign Service friend of mine. Everything is still very confused and foggy, but he was able to give me a little better context. This is the full text I received:
1) The consulate in Libya was pretty ghetto. It was a converted one-floor motel building. The only reason the consulate was located there was because that was one of the only areas the rebels had under their control back when we first established relations with them. The diplomats got on the ground, looked around, and the motel was the first suitable building they could find to set up shop.
Bottom line though is that it was NOT very defensible. Apart from a few modifications, it was still largely a civilian structure. So use your imagination to infer what that implies.
Once the old regime was toppled, and the new embassy was established in the capital of Tripoli, it was expected that either the motel-consulate would be closed altogether, or a new building would be acquired or built, but no action had been taken yet (emphasis mine-GA) .
2) The attack on the Benghazi consulate was not a protest-gone-wrong. It likely had nothing to do with this supposed offensive movie either. It was a direct, planned, coordinated assault. It was a firefight that lasted for hours and hours. The attackers had heavy weapons, including heavy machineguns, RPGs, bombs, and possibly mortars. People don’t bring that stuff incidentally to a normal protest.
What likely happened was that there WAS a peaceful protest by some Salifists going on outside in connection with the video, but a number of attackers used the protest as cover to launch their assault. Which implies some element of manipulation by the attackers, stirring up the protest in the first place (translating the movie into Arabic?).
3) The normal Libyans are horrified. Chris Stevens was well liked, well respected, and the American presence relatively popular. Literally just a couple months ago, Ambassador Stevens announced that we would begin issuing US visas to Libyans again. The Libyans are genuinely grateful for the non-intrusive support for their revolution. When the attack commenced, the local Libyan security guards who were protecting the Consulate fought hard to defend it. Many (at least 20, possibly all of them) died at their posts, defending it (remember too how ghetto the defenses were). When Ambassador Steven’s vehicle was hit by an RPG, attempting to evacuate from the scene, it was normal Libyans who pulled him out, and who took him and the other casualties to other American workers located nearby, and accompanied him to the hospital. It is possible that the angry civilian presence at the scene drove the attackers off, preventing them from following up on their attack.
4) Chris Stevens is a fucking hero. He was present as part of a planned visit to cut the ribbon for the grand opening of a new American Center building, so the fact that he would be there at that time was publicly known. When the attack commenced, the personnel inside the Consulate went to their assigned places, but then the building was set on fire by the attackers. Ambassador Stevens apparently went into the burning building to rescue his people, and ensure the all got out to safety. It is likely that his death was contributed to by smoke inhalation as a result.
Contractors (SEALs) Tyronne Woods and Glen Doherty no doubt fought to the death, holding out with the small Libyan security force for more than two hours before the “safe house” was overrun.
From the start the Obama-controlled news media insists that the video showing Stevens being dragged from the rubble the building (to my eye, clearly dead) by “friendly” Libyans crying “He’s alive” and “Thank God” does not reflect reality. Especially since he turned up at a hospital five hours later, DOA.
The questions are many and obvious:
- Why was there no CIA intel that could have prevented the murder of the first US ambassador in 30 years?
- Why did Sec. of State Clinton decide not to staff Benghazi with greater security? And why did Clinton prohibited Marines from providing security at any American diplomatic installation in Libya.
Fox News military analyst, Col. David Hunt said that the American mission at Benghazi “was like a cardboard building, there wasn’t even bullet proof glass.” In addition, Hunt said the security guards inside the mission didn’t have bullets:
Question: They weren’t allowed to have bullets, is that correct?
Colonel Hunt: That’s true. They were private security. The rules of engagement were ridiculous.
Why the continued and persistent lies from Obama about something that was immediately obvious to the rest of the world?
And why in God’s name on the anniversary of 9-11 was Stevens at the low security mission in Benghazi when it would obviously have been more prudent for him to have been at the presumably more secure embassy in Tripoli?
Stevens and his people didn’t stand a chance from the very beginning.
And the blood is on Obama’s hands:
What was the Commander-in-Chief doing on Sept 11th? Hman Events reports:
Barack Obama knew about the Benghazi Consulate terror attacks 90 minutes after they began on 9-11. The attack in Benghazi took place in two waves at the consulate and lasted several hours. Libyan “looters” found the body of Ambassador Chris Stevens hours after the attack began.
Obama went to bed without knowing the status of the US Ambassador.
Your posting is becoming few and far between….I wonder if you are tiring of this schtuff. What ever is the reason; hope you can fight through it. If you aren’t getting tired, I hope your time is being spent well with the MOH stuff that you do. I think the MOH stuff would be a lot more rewarding then blathering to us!
Steve… and everybody,
Thanks for checking in… yep, burned out, seven years is a long time for steady writing.
This is my first real experience with writers block; I’ve decided since Obama’s election, the bad news is so bad and multi-faceted that what I used to relish as a “target-rich environment” is now overwhelming. The tentacles of what has happened to this country in four short years borders on the unbelievable.
I have written often (almost blithely it seems, looking back) of Obama as the Manchurian Candidate… a figure head groomed and put in place not by mere politics but a very long-planned socialist/communist hybrid that started in the post-war years, of which Joe McCarthy warned us.
There is no other explanation. It took a consummate politician like Lyndon Johnson most of his adult life and the hand of fate to achieve the presidency and Obama goes from unknown, state legislature back-bencher best known for voting “present” to the Oval Office in four years …. INCLUDING a cup of coffee in the US Senate.
Yet, I know more about my postman’s life than I do about Obama’s (other than the script we’ve been handed).
I guess my point in this round-about fashion is that every thing that is being done to us is incredibly organized and deadly… to a representative Republic.
And, it is an anathema to all things American.
As a result I feel like a deer caught in the headlights….
I get no points for the drama here… but that’s what this looks like to me.
So each time I start following a tentacle, it leads to something much larger, more important, to write about… and then my wheels start spinning and I can’t seem to sort it out in easily digested bites for the readers. Which… is the writer’s job, ferrcrissakes!
This election is do or die in my opinion… and I mean that literally. Greece invented democracy/representative government… where is she now?
Thanks again for dropping by, I’ll get back to it; it’s just a matter of discipline and writing pages, not chapters.
Yep, I hear ya loud and clear. I was all set to repy with all sorts of exhortations…..but I feel your malaise. This country is going to the dogs and the folks I work with don’t even care; they would rather talk about “Dancing with the Stars”! Family members continue to e-mail me crap from the obumblers campaign as if that crap carries as much weight as the Holy Bible. Even the conservative radio announcers I listen to, sound tired. I’m tired, you’re tired, the “normal” American is tired. We have been fighting this administration for 4 years. And “they” continue to tromp through our lives!
I don’t know what the answer is for you. For me, I’m trying to educate folks, one person at a time. The other night some union goon from Alaska was bugging a friend of mine. All I did was answer his questions with solid facts; and then I left the area. Ha, the goon couldn’t continue his spittle laden tirade….nobody would stay in his presence!
So for me, quick hit and runs is the modus operendi.
Let’s take a breather for a couple of days and once rested we can carry the banner past the election. After that day, we can then sit on the beach and catch a tan!
Yes, the the silence is deafening, indeed! I feel your frustration Marine as the unimaginable becomes reality. All we can say is WTF? I sensed a brief spurt of hope (how I hate that word) after the debate and that too subsided as It all seemed too late. I thought that they would toss out the nut case in Argentina this week – but he prevailed as well. As Steve said we got to take them (liberal) one at a time and move on to the next. The small battles are the ones that lead to total victory.
If this is what they can do in 4 short years I shutter to think where another term would leave us. It’s not about you and I anymore we’ve seen the best of times. I can’t allow those who masquerade as patriots under the banner of socialism topple what true patriots shed their blood to build. We have the shield and the sword that will prevail. It’s called TRUTH! We may have to spoon feed those who will or cannot see it when necessary. These useful tools will be the first to get thrown under the bus when he’s finished with them and they can’t see that either.
Keep your powder dry my friend, take a blow. When rested we’ll again continue to bring the fight to them. Too many of our friends on the “Wall” made the ultimate sacrifice for what we believed in. How can we NOT defend that against the “ilk” who claim to be righteous in all matters?
Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff prior to and you’re simply extremely excellent. I really like what you’ve received right here, really like what you are saying and the way in which in which you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to stay it sensible. I can’t wait to read much more from you. That is actually a great site.|