Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system
In just about seven weeks, people will be able to start buying Obamacare-approved insurance plans through the new health care “exchanges”.
Reid said he thinks the country has to “work our way past” insurance-based health care…. and into the clutches of “single-payer health care”.
This was the plan from the start… it was the plan when this was called HillaryCare.
As simply as I can put it…. this is what “single-payer” health insurance means: Single-payer health care is the government, rather than private insurers, paying all health care costs. Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations (as is the case in Canada) or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel (as is the case in the UK).
In other words if this leviathan is not killed in its cradle……. you will have (not health insurance) but health care directly from the same people who have run our national debt to approaching $20 trillion and cannot get out of its own bloated way.
In other words…… welcome to the VA; I know of what I speak.
- Six weeks to get a doctor’s appointment. You cannot get an appointment with a specialist except through a referral from your primary doc. Once took me 4 months to get a dental bridge….. with three (of my chewing teeth) ground down to nubs.
- All day, every day VA hospitals are teeming and overburdened… I mean multiple hundreds of vets going to, coming from appointments, treatment or tests, waiting for same, waiting for paperwork, waiting for new appointment to be made.
- To see a specialist I have to drive to Dallas VA…. well past the Zoo.
- I once had an odd sensation that my throat was closing or swelling… I have allergies and I was concerned that I was having a sort of anaphylactic reaction; I wasn’t far from the VA clinic in Denton and dropped in.
Asked the office manager if I could just catch my doc or any doc between appts. to simply look down my throat. Absolutely not, not no way, not no how… Nobody gets into see the Wizard.
People actually do “narrow their eyes”.
I left, drove back home and got in to see a local doc I’d never seen before in an hour… $50 for appointment and $17 for ‘script.
While waiting I got a call from the VA clinic… they could get me in in an hour and a half.
- Once I was at the Dallas VA and had a root canal… they sent me downstairs to the pharmacy to pick up my pain meds and antibiotics. After waiting 30-40 minutes for my name to come up on the video monitor… I was told that the dental clinic hadn’t place my order.
Back on the elevator and to the clinic… closed. Luckily I ran into a staffer who had checked me in an hour before. She said she’d take care of it … back to pharm; after 20 more minutes and and now facing rush hour traffic, I said screw it and drove home.
The hole in my jaw eventually got infected and I self medicated with bourbon… a week later I got my anti-bios and pain meds in the mail.
- I once drove 120-mile round trip for a properly arranged and waited for appointment only to learn the someone got ill or it was an asteroid or the bridge was out or there was a homicide-suicide.
So the appointment was cancelled, as was a half-day’s work and then there was the cost of gasoline.
I self medicated with bourbon. This is why VA hospitals have armed federal cops.
But it will be worse for you…. M. Single-Payer.
Why? Because at least the VA has a stand alone, small community clinic system as an alternative to the hospitals. Single-payer health care doesn’t have any hospital or clinic system. Most hospitals… and most major hospitals are owned by churches and synagogues, and other charitable organizations.
Where will all you government-dependent patients go?
Of course, my fear is they will dump everyone on the VA system…. along with the leeches of society, including 11 million illegal aliens.
So, if you voted for Obama and/or support this kind of medical care…. I’m glad the same thing will soon happen to you….but it’ll be worse than the VA experience.
Why? Because at least the VA has had 85 years of running single-payer hospitals, just to get it running like the above examples. But your health care will be run by health care experts….. the IRS.
But hey… come on over for a shot of bourbon anyway.